Saturday, December 5, 2009

Umaga


On behalf of my family, the Anoa'i and Fatu family, we are devastated and shocked by the loss of our Eki. Our son, nephew, brother, cousin, husband, father. Our hearts are broken, and words can't express what each of us are feeling. It is so comforting to know how loved Eki is by his family, peers, friends, and most of all his fans. When I received that a.m. phone call that my nephew was in the hospital, I dug deep and prayed and cried and begged for a miracle. When we lost Eki, I knew it was God's will, and that he is with my sister, his mother, who passed just a year ago.

We are making our plans now for our farewell to Eki, but I wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all of the thousands of posts, emails, letters, and cards. Although I have not been able to bring myself to answer them personally, your kindness does not go unnoticed. I want to especially thank our WWE family and Stephanie McMahon for everything, and her phone call was very comforting to me in my time of sorrow.

God bless each and every one of you, and I've said it a hundred times, the best people in the world are our wrestling people. You'll never find a more dedicated group of people.

Be safe and be healthy, and love one another.

God bless,

Afa the Wild Samoan
"Pops"

2 comments:

  1. Our hearts,much love & prayers go out to you uncle Afa & Sika & Aunty Ata & uncle fatu..we love you and May God keep you all and us in good health forever..God Bless Cousin Ekis Wife and family..til we meet again..We love you Eki "Umaga" Fatu..your greatest and loyal fans Lucy and sons..muhaaaaaaaaa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sleep I am crying here in Chicago Illinois..I am hurt for my family and my son Donovan who was Umagas Loyal Fan..I remember a couple of years back Speaking with Ekis father in samoa..(He is my parents neighbor in Ili Ili)I told Ekis Dad that we bought tickets to see UMAGA and wanted to know if Donovan my youngest could meet him because Donovan wanted to give Umaga our last Wahoo and pisupo my mother Leata sent from Samoa that past christmas...because Donovan thought Umaga misses Samoan food and that all we had saved til our next packeage that following year..it was a whole week of planning to see meet him and watch him perform..but our day ended at 5 a.m the next morning after the show just waiting and searching to see where he went so Donovan can give him his Tunas and Corned Beef..he was devistated and still he stayed loyal to EKI..2 years after that we bought tickets and saw him everytime..but Donovan who is now 12 yrs old saw Umaga last when he made a surprise visit to battle Batista in 2007 while Batista was on stage wrestling someone else at that time..we didnt know if he was going to show up or not..but when Umaga came out of the Curtains and onto the walk way ..Donovans eyes lit up and went wild..he was proud to say.."THAT"S MY UNCLE!!!!!"..at the All state Arena in Rosemont Illinois, that day we waited and still never got to meet him..I told Donovan that God called uncle "Umaga" home and he took it hard..Donovan said.."I know now for sure I will meet him ma when I die too:("..(tears)..WE LOVE YOU EKI "UMAGA" FATU

    ReplyDelete